|what procedures will be implemented to safeguard my child's health?|
|We have implemented the following policies for 2020 summer camp. Please read these policies in their entirety, and only register your child if you are comfortable with these procedures: |
1. All camps will be limited to 6 students and two instructors. Each instructor will have 3 campers, so your child will have interaction with only one adult.
2. Each camper will have his/her own sewing machine, cutting table, and iron that he/she will use exclusively for the entire week. Sewing tables will be a minimum of 6' away from each other.
3. AM camp will be in a separate area from the PM camp. This will minimize potential cross-contamination between groups.
4. Each camper will be required to bring their own tools and will use only those tools for the entire week. Sharing of tools will not be permitted. Tool kits will be available for purchase in mid-June.
5. Upon arrival at camp, each camper will have his/her temperature taken. Any camper with a temperature over 100.4 will not be permitted to attend camp. In addition, any camper who is visibly displaying signs of illness (persistent coughing and/or sneezing) will not be permitted to stay. Instructors will also have their temperature taken upon arrival. Refunds will not be provided for days missed due to illness.
6. Campers will be required to wash their hands upon arrival, before and after snack, and before leaving for the day.
7. All classroom surfaces, sewing machines, and restrooms will be sanitized at the end of each camp day.
8. Students and instructors will not be required to be masks, but may wear them if desired.
|my child has never used a sewing machine before - can he/she attend camp?|
|for our 2020 summer camps, we require that students have prior sewing machine experience before attending camp, except for the Learn to Sew Week (Week 7, afternoon)|
|what ages are your camps for?|
|most of our camps are for ages 7 & up. see "Suggested Age" listed for each session on the registration page.|
|can my child attend morning and afternoon camp?|
|yes! kids who'd like to stay all day can bring a packed lunch and stay in between the AM and PM camp for free.|
|what is included in the cost of the camp?|
|the cost of camp includes all fabric and other materials needed to complete the themed projects, as well as sufficient supervision to complete the awesome projects designed in-house by our talented staff! in order to allow children as young as 7 to participate on our sewing camps, we maintain a student to instructor ratio of 4:1. this allows us to maintain the safety of our students as well as ensure the highest quality of finished product possible!|
|do you offer a sibling discount?|
|yes, we offer a 5% sibling discount. please call the store to register siblings.|
|do you offer a multi-week discount?|
|yes, we offer a multi-week discount of 5%; however, this discount cannot be combined with the early registration coupon. beginning march 15th, use coupon code MULTIWEEK to get a 5% discount when registering for more than 1 camp.|