If we can't have classes in our studio, we are bringing them right to you, virtually!
Join us for a virtual class! We have put together a simple video tutorial with The Retreat Bag. In this tutorial, we’ll make the retreat bag, designed by Janelle MacKay for Emmeline Bags + Patterns. The retreat bag is a perfect bag for make-up, sewing, or knitting supplies! This bag is to easy to make and holds lots of goodies. The frame on this bag creates an opening that stays open no matter what, making it both handy and professional looking. This bag has two size options, a small pouch and large pouch.
Included in this virtual class are "office hours" with Meg Bulthaupt. If you have any questions or should you run into any issues, you can reach Meg by her cell phone number. She will reach out to you with that information when registered for the class. Once you purchase this product, you will receive a PDF download along with your purchase with a link to the video tutorial.
We know how lonely this quarantine can be, so we are trying to bring our customers some happiness and community through these virtual classes. The great thing about virtual classes is that you can go at your own pace, at your own time, and wear your pajamas all day while doing so!
Skill level: confident beginner/intermediate
+must have rotary cutting experience for cutting; there are no pattern templates given.
What you'll need for this class:
Fabric + Material Requirements:
- The Retreat Bag 2.0 by Emmaline Bags + Patterns - you can download it here from their website.
- Urban Sewciety's Exclusive Retreat Bag Kits:
- We have curated fabric kits + interfacing kits - take a look at all of our kit options:
- Don't see a kit that fits your style? We also offer interfacing/frame kits - just add fabric and a zipper!
- Fabric Scissors
- Seam Ripper
- Frixion pen
FOR THE SMALL POUCH:
- 1 fat quarter for the exterior
- ½ yard for the lining
- 1 yard of medium weight-fusible interfacing
- ¼ yd of fusible fleece
- 16” YKK zipper
- Style A Internal Wire Frames
FOR THE LARGE POUCH:
- ½ yard for the exterior
- ¾ yard for the lining
- 1-1/2” yard of medium weight -fusible interfacing
- ½ yard of fusible fleece
- 22” YKK Zipper
- Style B Internal Wire Frames