The Jenny Overalls and Trousers - by Closet Core Patterns
Paper Sewing Pattern
Inspired by vintage work-wear, Jenny is a modern interpretation of classic overalls and wide leg trousers with an ultra-high rise, sleek, functional details and a comfortable all-day-long fit.
Make a more sophisticated version of dungarees with our well-proportioned bib and optional utility pocket, or omit the bib entirely and make a pair of wide-legged cropped pants, full-length pants or shorts. Optional details abound; mix and match the curved slash front pockets, faux fly front, single or double zipper waistband and rounded back patch pockets. To personalize even further, go all out with high contrast topstitching, or take a more minimalist approach for a clean, elegant finish.
Suggested Fabrics: Bottom-weight woven fabrics: denim, twill, canvas, gabardine, medium weight linen, jacquard and brocade. Medium-weight woven fabric for pockets: shirting, chambray or quilting cotton (0.5 yd/0.45 m).
- Fusible interfacing (0.5 yd/0.45m for 58” wide interfacing, 1.25 yd/1.2m for 20” wide interfacing)
- Sturdy pants zipper: One or two 7” (18cm) zippers depending on the waistband style chosen
- 5/8” (16 mm) button: One or two depending on the waistband style chosen
- One pair of 1.5” (38mm) overall buckles & buttons for View A & B (can substitute button & buttonhole closure)
- Marking tool
- Polyester thread
- Optional: topstitching thread for higher contrast details
- Optional: tailors ham, for pressing back darts and crotch seams
This product is a pre-printed pattern. You will receive an instruction booklet and tissue pattern tucked inside a paper envelope.
**We know you want it right away, so all orders ship same or next business day! Orders placed on weekends will be shipped by Tuesday.