Have you finally finished your throw or baby size quilt top, but are now wondering how to make that lovely quilt top into a quilt? If so, then this class is for you!
This two-class series will take you through the whole process from your finished quilt top to a basted, quilted, and bound beautiful masterpiece!
In the first class, we will cover how to piece your backing fabric (if necessary) how to pin baste the three layers together (top, batting and backing), and walk you through how to quilt on a home machine. Students will then be required to complete their quilting at home within the two weeks before the next class.
The second class will demonstrate how to cut and piece binding, and sew it onto the quilt with mitered corners.
- A completed quilt top
- Quilting thread (we recommend Aurifil 50 wt, available to buy in the shop)
- curved safety pins, will be available to purchase in the shop
- Batting (yardage dependent on the size of your quilt top, as a guide the batting must be at least 4 inches bigger on all sides than quilt top) A selection of batting is available in the shop.
- Backing fabric (usually quilting cotton), yardage depends on the size of the quilt top, as a guide the pieced backing must be at least 4 inches bigger on all sides than the quilt top
- Fabric for binding, yardage depends on the size of the quilt top.
This is a great class for first time quilters who have made a quilt top and need help finishing it, or those who want a refresher and the space to get started. Please note this class is suitable for throw or baby size quilt tops only due to the time allowed for completion. Also students MUST come to the first class with a completed quilt top, this class does not allow time for quilt top construction.
If you are unable to attend the class, you may receive a refund or credit for a future class ONLY if we are notified in writing via email at least 72 hours prior to the first class AND we are able to fill your spot. No other refunds or credits will be given for missed classes. By registering for the class, you are agreeing to this cancellation policy.
|Skill Level: ||Beginner|
|Skill Details: ||Students must have completed Sewing 101, or a similar level of experience AND have a completed quilt top to attend this class|
|Instructor: ||Amanda Richards|